Kathmandu. After you have completed the construction of the house or building, you must obtain a certificate of completion from the metropolis or municipality. Unless you get a construction certificate from the municipality, you will not be able to take a loan by mortgaging your house.
It takes 25 to 30 days for a map with all the documents to be approved. Similarly, a construction completion certificate is available from 7 to 10 days from the date of commencement of the process.
In the case of Kathmandu Metropolitan City, building construction criteria, 2075 and in the case of Lalitpur Metropolitan City, the certificate of completion of house and building construction is obtained as per the procedure prepared on the basis of settlement construction, urban planning, and basic construction standards related to building construction 2072.
Documents required to obtain a building completion certificate
- Photocopy of map pass – 1 copy
- Photocopy of passcard – 1 copy
- Designer’s recommendation letter – 1 copy
- Designer’s license – 1 copy
- Construction Completion Certificate – 2 copies
- Receipt of Landlord Photocopy – 1 copy
- Photo of the house – 2 copies
- Personal photo – 2 copies (with a map and real estate)